Starting this Wednesday, May 5th, I will be opening "Rob's Word Shop" for the month of May. Rob's Word Shop is a storefront shop where individual letters and words can be purchased. Single letters are 50 cents and single words are 1 dollar. As the sole proprietor of the store, I invite you personally to stop by for a chat and buy a letter or a word. These chats will be recorded and, with your permission, collected in a book form at the end of the month. My shop location is 308 Bowery (the south window at the Bowery Poetry Club), and my hours of operation are Tuesday through Thursday 11-2PM from May 5-May 27.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010 - Day 4 at Rob's Word Shop
Left apartment at 10:45 on foot (rain). Arrived at Rob's Word Word at 10:55. Set up shop between 11:00-11:15. First customer arrived around 11:45 and purchased 1 word and 3 letters for $2.50. 1 letter was given gratis because the printer was not printing properly. This was the first customer to request a computer printed document. The word was "mouth"--there was an additional "e" at the end and an "n" underneath. Additionally, the letters "o" and "n" were hand-written over the "ut" of "mouth."

My second customer arrived around 12:30 and purchased 1 word: "footprint." This word was generated by the customer's initial word "wince." After some research on the word "wince" we learned that "wince footprint" is the name of a software program. We decided that the 2 words were very nice together and so I wrote in marker "wince footprint." I only charged $1 for 1 word because the first word was primarily a generator for the 2nd word. I left the Shop at 2:15 and walked back to my apartment. I arrived there at 2:25 PM. Total sales: $3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment